Donate your fruit and veg on Saturday 13 Sep
- We’ll be at the BATCA Community Fun Day on Broadwater Road, and at
- Mushkil Aasaan, 222 Upper Tooting Road.
Even if you only have two tomatoes or a sprig of rosemary, bring it along, so that we can offer delicious local food to many people on Sunday. Your donations will be delivered to local restaurants and to our Top Tooting Cook contestants, who will be cooking up a treat overnight, ready for the festival on Sunday 14th September at Samaj Hall, 26b Tooting High Street (by Broadway Studios).
Join us at Samaj Hall on Sunday 14 Sep from 12 noon until 5pm.
There will be plenty to entertain you – some great musicians and entertainers, games, theatre, craft activities, local stalls, and of course some very tasty food with very low food miles from our local restaurants.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who’s involved so far in getting the festival off the ground:
- Food donations – Tooting Community Garden, Abel & Cole, Bramford Community Garden, SHARE Community Garden and many more local growers, who will donate on Saturday.
- Entertainment – The Apple Cart by fanSHEN, Young Voices Choir, singers John Buckley, Dermot Jones and Vince Burke, magician Marc Kerstein, comedian Sam Quinn, the Slim Estrada Trio, Randolph Matthews, and the Bara Bara Band.
- Stalls – SMART, Furzedown Low Carbon Zone, Niamh’s Nutrition, Transition Town Tooting, Friends of Streatham Cemetery, Carbon Collaborations, Hilary’s Preserves, Transition Town Wandsworth, Tooting Community Garden and more
And special thanks to the Wandsworth Eco Fund for the grant that goes towards running costs for the Foodival.
If you’d like to get involved with Foodival, get in touch. You can help by spreading the word, telling your friends, family and neighbours. Or join in by donating food on the Saturday, or volunteering on the Sunday serving food or collecting food from restaurants. There are still spaces if you’d like to enter the Top Tooting Cook competition and we will be running a final Meet & Make session to get ready for Foodival at Sprout Arts on 10th September.
Let the countdown begin!