Saturday, 16 September 11am – 5pm at Mushkil Aasaan, 220 Upper Tooting Road (close to Nando’s)
We are thrilled that the award-winning and free Tooting Foodival organised by Transition Town Tooting will be celebrating its 10th year this September.
The Foodival highlights the diversity of healthy and sustainable produce that can be grown, cooked and enjoyed in Tooting & nearby.
We welcome all growers and cooks and everyone of all ages who comes to take part!
All the Foodival events will be inside Mushkil Aasaan and also outside on part of Hereward Road right in the heart of Tooting.
There are several exciting strands to the Foodival:
- We invite you to donate some fresh local produce which you’ve grown – timings below
- There’s the Top Tooting Cook competition for local individuals and cooks, using the donated local produce (info below)
- There’s The Big Feast which will be cooked live by our fab chef Volker, also using the lovely local produce (info below)
- There will be a great range of practical and fun growing, sustainability and creative activities (more info soon)
Donating locally-grown produce:
There are wonderful crops being grown right here by many people!
Foodival is about sharing the love, not necessarily donating big volumes – so please don’t be shy to share some of what you’ve grown.
All donations gratefully received from 5pm to 9pm Friday 15th Sept, or from 10am to 11am Saturday 16th Sept at Mushkil Aasaan, 222 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7EW.
Or let us know when you would like us to collect.
See The Big Feast below for some special donation requests.
There are still five weeks to go, so get out the watering can, the nettle tea or whatever it takes! Ready, steady, GROW!
The Top Tooting Cook competition:
Open to anyone living, growing or cooking nearby & free to enter.
Full details about collecting ingredients and how to enter – click here for the flyer
Why enter? It’s a fun way to celebrate local food; you can try out your skills; you meet others who are interested and share recipes; it will be fun; there’ll be media coverage..and there are prizes!
1. A dish made with apples and pears
2. A savoury dish
3. A pudding, dessert or cake
4. Pickles, preserves, jam, jelly or chutney
Foodival produce donors will supply the seasonal ingredients (or grow your own!) for you to cook and serve to our panel of hungry judges. You can collect ingredients at Mushkil Aasaan from 7pm to 9pm on Friday 15th Sept, or from 10 to 11am on Saturday 16th Sept.
The Big Feast:
Volker, our very own in-house gourmet chef at the Foodival has created a very special seasonal 3 course menu for this year’s Tooting Foodival. He’s asking the green-fingered of the great South West London public to donate their locally grown produce.
- Starter: Sizzling Pakoras Ingredients needed: Onions, cauliflower, courgette, spinach
- Main course: Rainbow vegetable stir fry Ingredients needed: Onions, carrots, potatoes, turnips, peas and any other vegetables including tomatoes, garlic, herbs
- Dessert: Fruity Crumble Ingredients needed: Any fruit – apples, pears, plums, berries, grapes, bananas (yes we’ve had them donated, locally-grown!)
Volker will cook the dishes live and answer questions so you are able to make these at home
Details of the growing, sustainability and creative activities to follow.
We hope to see you, and thank you very much – The #Foodival2017 Team.