All welcome to the free Tenth Tooting Foodival: one week from today on Saturday 16th September from 11:00 to 5:00.
We’re celebrating locally-grown produce, local cooking skills and our annual communal feast – and Tooting!
We’ll be enjoying all the stands, workshops and activities which you’ll discover right in the heart of Tooting.
It’s all about the local community getting together, so do come along: it’s going to be a special day for the Foodival’s tenth anniversary!
Mighty oaks grow from small acorns in fertile ground! Here’s a view of our very first Tooting Foodival in 2008:
What do you need to do to really enjoy the Tooting Foodival?
There are four ways to join in:
1. Please donate some of your lovely locally-grown produce.
It’s about contributing vegetables and fruit for fun, so don’t be shy. You can donate on Friday Sept 15th between 5:00 and 9:00 at Mushkil Aasaan, or Saturday morning between 10:00 and 11:00. Your produce is what the chefs use for the Big Feast, and what Top Tooting Cook competitors can use.
|Bramble & apple pie made by a child|
2. Join in our Top Tooting Cook competetion.
All the details here. There are four classes, and your dishes need to be delivered to Mushkil Aasaan from 1:30 on Saturday. Judging is at 2:30. It’s a lot of fun and we all look forward to tasting what you make!
3. Tell your friends, come along on Saturday, enjoy the Big Feast and all the activities.
You’ll be amazed at how growing, donating, cooking, creativity and diverse people make a blend of ingredients that create a wonderful community day.
4. Volunteer and help the day go brilliantly.
The Tooting Foodival is a volunteer-run event. We welcome you to join us as an equal contributor, make new friends and maybe help design the Eleventh Foodival! Contact us by email here.
All the events are either in the hall at Mushkil Aasaan at 220-222 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7EW (next to Nando’s) or outside in Hereward Road.
Some of the events on Saturday 16th are running at scheduled times, so please don’t miss the ones you want to join.
Some are available all day from 11:00 to 5:00.
There’s a Schedule for the timed events. To read and download the running order please click here. Here’s what’s in the timed Schedule:
- The Big Feast with local chefs Manisha (from Pooja), Volker & Quinn and Elizabetta (from Minestra Supper Club)
- The Top Tooting Cook Competition – judged by Brian (Tooting Town Centre Manager) Rick (Tooting chef) and Saira (of KarimaandSaira).
- The Green Stage workshops all about local growing (details in this post here)
- Children’s and Family activities including The Yum-Jam (details here), the Crafts Stage and Face Painting
- The Soap Box – our speakers’ corner
In our next blog post we’ll share the list of the stalls, stands and more which are running all day.