All welcome 11:00 to 5:00 on Saturday 16th Sept at Mushkil Aasaan, 222 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7EW and in Hereward Road, right next door in the heart of Tooting
Welcome to the latest plans for the Tooting Foodival!
There’s lots happening and it all feeds into the Foodival’s purpose of celebrating local growing, sustainable food, local cooking and bringing the whole community together.
All done in diverse creative, refreshing and participative ways.
Would you like to volunteer as a Foodivalista?
Volunteering info here, and all welcome!
Here’s a recap of the main events (more info on these three here)
- Donating Local produce. Share some of what you’ve grown locally! All donations gratefully received from 5pm to 9pm Friday 15th Sept, or from 10am to 11am Saturday 16th Sept at Mushkil Aasaan, 222 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7EW
- Top Tooting Cook Competition. Deliver your entries at 2:00, winners announced 3:30 Full details about collecting ingredients and how to enter – click here for the flyer
- The Big Feast. Local chefs cooking a mighty three-course meal of fresh local ingredients, for everyone to share
Growing, Sustainability and Creative activities:
Here are some details – please save the times to plan your visit
👪 YUM-JAM 11:30 – 1:15 in Hereward Road
The place for children to play with food! Yum-Jam is a workshop plus performance for children and families which mimics creating a magical dish from fascinating ingredients. With Andres, Emily and friends.
- 11:30 – 12:30 ‘Making’. Children create food props and costumes using recycled materials, learn quick facts and stories about vegetables
- 12:30 – 1:00 ‘Cooking’. The performance: children particpate using the props and knowledge from the Making, creating a fun and healthy imaginary dish with the help of a storyteller who invites the children to join the journey
- 1:00 ‘Feasting’. Enjoying some of the Foodival Big Feast treats together. Children can take home the props and illustrations they have made
🌱GREEN STAGE 12:00 – 3:00 in the Hall at Mushkil Aasaan
Three hands-on growing sessions. 45 minutes each, no need to book, all materials provided.
- 12:00 start ‘More Plants for Free’. Learn how to increase your plants by taking cuttings and division. Practice your skills with scissors, soil and sharp sand! Take away a new plant. With Dermot
- 13:00 start ‘Tooting’s insects need your love’. Sharing how to encourage pollinators and beneficial insects all year round in your balcony, beds or garden. With Chuck
- 14:00 start ‘Composting and the amazing power of the humble earthworm’. Working with nature to reduce waste and build soil fertility. With Martin
🎨CRAFTS STAGE Timing tbc, in the Hall at Mushkil Aasaan
Join Jeni, Nikki and Nicola to:
- Make and decorate ladybird houses out of waste plastic bottles. Use them outdoors as shelter for overwintering beneficial insects.
- Make your very own textile cactus!
- Create on a bigger scale by decorating the Big Bed planter outside in Hereward Road
More detail to come about many more activities!