Thank You Everyone at Foodival 2018!
Here’s a short thank-you to (hopefully) most of you!
- Charles & Lesley, Foulser Rd – tarragon & bay leaves
- Elisabetta, Dahomey Rd – Tuscan kale, cima di rapa, marrow, leeks, chard, pumpkin
- Jane, Furzedown – rhubarb, squash
- Tamworth Farm Allotment growers – marrows, squashes, cucumbers, peppers
- David & Mal, Ramsden Rd – radishes, grapes, tomatoes, runner beans, kohl rabi
- Kath, Khartoum Rd – beetroot, carrots, courgette
- Susan, Cornford Grove – grapes
- Michael, Ullathorne Rd – grapes, courgettes
- Hilary, Tooting – plums
- Tooting Community Garden, North Drive – blackberries, greengages, garlic, Picasso & Maris Piper potatoes, pumpkins
- Rachel, Tooting Bec Rd – courgettes, cucumbers, tomatoes, mini aubergines, chillis, peppers
- Richard, Upper Tooting Park – mint, rosemary, beetroot, courgettes, tomatoes, curly kale
- Chuck, Cornford Grove – sprouting microgreens
- Debbie, Furzedown – pumpkin, runner beans, cucamelons, squash, courgettes, apples
- Egle, Derinton Rd – pea shoots, mustard greens
- Susie, Earlsfield – carrots, yellow courgette, potatoes, tomatoes, runner beans, rosemary, sage
- Belinda, Beechcroft Rd – flowers, marrows
- Poppy & Teo, Streatham – patty pan & butternut squash
- Al, Tamworth Farm – snake gourds, squashes & marrows
- Sue, Furzedown – butternut squash, pumpkin, courgette, green leaves
- Ollie, Clapham Junction – squash
- plus…Abel & Cole donated several boxes of organic vegetables when we were concerned that the summer’s drought would limit the amount that community growers could spare us. Thank you so much!
Volker Nissen of Essential Ingredient for co-ordinating the cooking on Saturday with three notable local chefs: Manisha from Pooja Sweets, Rick Gibbs of Rick’s Tooting & Elisabetta Costantini from Minestra Supper Club.
Mushkil Aasaan – A special thank you to Project Director Naseem Aboobaker who has been a rock-solid friend and partner to us throughout the last 10 years. Letting us use their space and land for free has allowed us to run projects such as the Tooting Community Garden, eleven Foodivals and countless meetings at Mushkil Aasaan Hall over many years.
Thanks to Sarah and Deborah at Share Nurseries who have supplied plants to for our pop-up raised beds and to Beata and family who ran the Think Outside stall showcasing their outdoor learning workshops in schools.
Thank you so much to photographers Bryony Williams – findmeintooting, Franco Ruarte and Riccardo Sai. Click the links to see their amazing work.
- Brian Joseph for his generous gift of electricity, water and lending us his forecourt.
- St Anselm’s Primary School for gazebos
- Gatton Primary School for tables.
- Work & Play Scrapstore for various making materials
- Volker Nissen for all the catering equipment
- Miss U Stationers for giving us top rates on all our printing
- Al-Mirage Restaurant for letting us use their ovens
- The Phantom Knitter of Old Tooting Town for knitting the Foodival banner
Dermot Jones for curating a splendid “Meltdown” ably helped by Mark on the mixing desk. All our brilliant artists:
Vincent Burke, Tai Li Ling, Babar Luck, Slim Estrada & Ingrid, The Troubadours de l’Avenue Verte, Emma And The Hot Tub Men and the Unconfirmed. & Ranjit for the dhol!
Rachel Husband for taking Foodival onto Instagram and Tooting PRSS for giving us publicity throughout the year. Everyone who have tweeted/liked and mentioned us in various posts.
TOP TOOTING COOK
TTC local Prize donors: Abel & Cole, Al- Mirage, Deelicious Nazish’s Kitchen,Meat & Shake, Nando’s, Unwined, Walker Wyatt Cafe, Bring Your Own Zero Waste Shop.
TTC Judges: Brian Albuquerque, Lillie Langford, Nazish Omar and Rick Gibbs.
All cooks taking part in the TTC
Field and Flower, Richard Glassborow and 15,000 honey bees, Debbie Morey – Good sorts, Jane Haskings, LSx – Abshir Weli and Charlotte Hawthorne
- Ben and Sharon – sustainability games and fun
- Eleanor and Richard – waste management
- Barbara and Emily – choppers (and furniture-moving, Emily)
- Esther and Hilary – manning tables
- Jenny and Caty for taking your money!
- Christine for wool-spinning
- Rosalind & Resina for hard work at the welcome table, and selling plants
- Leon for fetching and carrying at the clear up
- Eleanor for looking after cash donation buckets
- Millie & Lewis for helping out with the food.
- Ranjit & Mita for helping clear up.
All the Foodival visitors who helped create an enjoyable atmosphere on the day and many of you who helped us tidy up after and take rubbish away. Everyone who very kindly put money into the donation buckets – we need this to make the next Foodival happen so thank you to you all.
The residents of Hereward Road – thank you for putting up with us again.
Tim and the Metropolitan Police team who joined us.