ReSparkle! Celebrating Creativity and Christmas crafts at Tooting Library
TTT have been ReSparkling with Tooting Library since 2012 – it’s always a magical event upstairs in the beautiful children’s library.
Indoors last Saturday the library was full of colour, light and energy as it became darker, wetter and stormier outside.
It’s a free and simple event: for two hours we offered 5 activity tables, with eight of us helping.
Why is it so fun and rewarding?
We think it’s because:
1. There are familiar faces and new families every year – diverse, multilingual, positive, keen to experiment.
2. Creating a special occasion together is a good feeling
3. The Library is such an excellent trusted community social hub in the buzzy retail heart of Tooting. Everyone is welcome, nothing is for sale, everyone can work at their own pace and materials and goodwill are shared freely.
4. Children, parents and carers are discovering and making together – all generations trying out very different activities, getting familiar (again?) with using glue, scissors, staplers, velcro.
All these activities and more can be repeated at home.
5. Everyone creates using simple materials – making beautiful decorations and presents out of everyday things and scrap saved from waste.
6. There’s always new ideas – new activities, new facilitators from TTT, creative solutions from participants (turning the drinks cartons inside out to show off the silvery liner was very neat!)
There’s more photos by Bryony, Chuck & Annie to look at online – please click here. And there’s more of just Bryony’s beautiful photos of ReSparkle online here – thank you Bryony!
|ReSparkle! exactly six years ago on Dec 15th 2012|
We value our long-lasting partnership with Tooting Library very much and want to say thanks to the Library team for hosting us so many times since 2012.
Many thanks to our TTT team of fab facilitators: Annie, Bryony, Elly, Jane, Jeni, Nicola, Resina & Chuck.
We’re looking forward to December 2019 – please put ReSparkle in your diary!