Celebrating and sharing repairing, fixing and making in our local community!
Tooting RepairFest October/Nov 2021
A lovingly tended-to series of all kinds of events to get you repairing this Autumn :
Tooting RepairFest is being coordinated by Jeni and Gemma at Meet & Make Spaces.
Event Contact: email@example.com
Tooting Share and Repair Map
This map shows Tooting repair businesses in purple and venues for Tooting Repairfest in yellow. Click on the location pointers for more info.
If you have a business you would like to add to the map email us details at firstname.lastname@example.org
READ ALL ABOUT our first Tooting Repair week in July 2021
More about the Share & Repair project:
The Share & Repair initiative will:
- Celebrate local fixing and mending wherever it is happening!
- Promote local repair, fixing and mending businesses.
- Support skill sharing and repairing events – building on our regular Restart/Sewstart sessions.
- Our long-term ambition is to find a permanent a self-sufficient community space for Tooting’s Share & Repair community!
Help us by
- Sharing details with us of any local businesses that do repair, fixing, mending or alterations – this could include working with electrical or electronic goods, furniture, clothes, leather goods, upholstery – and more…
- Letting us know if you have fixing or mending skills which you’d be happy to share with the community through this group – or you know someone who does….
- Telling us if you have something to offer the Share & Repair community – space, materials, tools or other skills like project planning, communications, social media, photography – anything which might help us build our work.
Contact and Follow
- Email enquiries about Repair Week and Repairfest can go directly to Jeni and Gemma at email@example.com
- Email enquiries for the Share and Repair project more generally can go to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can join the Share & Repair Facebook Group for project-specific updates
- Please add your repair to our online repair storybook, Share Your Repair or post using #SYRTooting
Read all about Tooting’s first ever Repair Week!
We’ve been running fixing and mending workshops in Tooting for nearly four years now with the help of the Restart Project and their team of volunteer fixers. Our amazing volunteers have fixed everyday items like irons, hairdryers, kettles and toasters and made repairs to trousers, dresses, rucksacks and bags. We’ve even tackled more unusual challenges ...
Our next Restart Party in Tooting is at Mushkil Aasaan this coming Saturday 8th December, 13.30-16.30. At this event, as ever, you can bring in broken electronics and see if our team of volunteer fixers can give them a new lease of life or at least identify the problem. The ethos behind our Restart parties ...
Do you have broken electrical or electronic items that you don’t want to throw away? Good at fixing or mending stuff or would like to learn how? Come to a Restart Party! Tuesday 9th August from 7 – 9pm Restart Parties are the antidote to the thow-away society, why chuck out your electrical and electronic stuff when they could ...
Electrical or electronic items that need fixing? Broken something and don’t want to throw it away?. The Restart Project, encourage and empower people to use their electrical and electronics longer! They are back in Tooting this weekend so do come along! Saturday 26th September – 2.30 – 5.30pmMushkil Aasaan, 220 – 222 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 ...