Celebrating and sharing repairing, fixing and making in our local community!
Check out our photography exhibition now on at Tooting Market
Read about our First RepairFest last autumn!
Fixing Fashion – A show with a difference – at Tooting Market – more HERE
Broken Assembly with Furzedown Primary School – more HERE
Restart Party at Mushkil Aasaan – more HERE
Sewing Box workshop with CARAS Women’s Group – more HERE
Collaborative Protest Coat – Repair for our Future and Fix Your Knitwear – darning workshop at the Woodfield Pavilion’s Big Green Weekend
As Gemma from Meet & Make Spaces who co-ordinated many of the events reflected ‘Overall the festival was a triumph, We found that the idea of fixing, repair and mending felt ‘normalised’ to many people and I think was why it was such an overriding success, it felt like it was a ’thing’ that always happened.’
We look forward to making plans for 2022 – if you’d like to get involved do let us know!
You can also read all about our Repair week in July 2021
Tooting RepairFest was coordinated by Jeni and Gemma at Meet & Make Spaces.
Tooting and Balham repair Maps
The map shows local repair businesses in purple and venues for the 2021 Tooting Repairfest in yellow. Click on the location pointers for more info. If you have a business you would like to add to the map email us details at email@example.com
Below is a Sustainability map created by Neighbourhood Network SW12 & SW17 which lists all the places you can reuse, refill, recycle and repair things in the local area.
More about the Share & Repair project:
The Share & Repair initiative will:
- Celebrate local fixing and mending wherever it is happening!
- Promote local repair, fixing and mending businesses.
- Support skill sharing and repairing events – building on our regular Restart/Sewstart sessions.
- Our long-term ambition is to find a permanent a self-sufficient community space for Tooting’s Share & Repair community!
Help us by
- Sharing details with us of any local businesses that do repair, fixing, mending or alterations – this could include working with electrical or electronic goods, furniture, clothes, leather goods, upholstery – and more…
- Letting us know if you have fixing or mending skills which you’d be happy to share with the community through this group – or you know someone who does….
- Telling us if you have something to offer the Share & Repair community – space, materials, tools or other skills like project planning, communications, social media, photography – anything which might help us build our work.
Contact and Follow
- Email enquiries about Repair Week and Repairfest can go directly to Jeni and Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email enquiries for the Share and Repair project more generally can go to the team at email@example.com
- You can join the Share & Repair Facebook Group for project-specific updates
- Please add your repair to our online repair storybook, Share Your Repair or post using #SYRTooting
from 24th November at Tooting Market A highlight of our Repair Fest 2021 is a photography exhibition offering a window into a selection of local businesses in the community where you can get items, fixed, stitched, welded, and repaired. By changing the habit of throwing things out, and by choosing to repair we save money and ...
Read all about Tooting’s first ever Repair Week!
We’ve been running fixing and mending workshops in Tooting for nearly four years now with the help of the Restart Project and their team of volunteer fixers. Our amazing volunteers have fixed everyday items like irons, hairdryers, kettles and toasters and made repairs to trousers, dresses, rucksacks and bags. We’ve even tackled more unusual challenges ...
Our next Restart Party in Tooting is at Mushkil Aasaan this coming Saturday 8th December, 13.30-16.30. At this event, as ever, you can bring in broken electronics and see if our team of volunteer fixers can give them a new lease of life or at least identify the problem. The ethos behind our Restart parties ...
Do you have broken electrical or electronic items that you don’t want to throw away? Good at fixing or mending stuff or would like to learn how? Come to a Restart Party! Tuesday 9th August from 7 – 9pm Restart Parties are the antidote to the thow-away society, why chuck out your electrical and electronic stuff when they could ...